Taking good care of our product ensures its ultimate lifespan
Our products are made of wood, a quality and sturdy material. It is essential, however, to keep in mind that wood is a natural product that changes in time. If you take good care of the product, though, it will pay off and endure for decades.
- Do not put the product in a dishwasher or water above 50 °C (122 °F).
- Do not expose the product to severe changes in temperature and humidity. Avoid exposing the products to frost or direct sunlight, do not put it on a heater or in an oven.
- Wipe the product with a wet dishcloth or sponge. Let it dry before storing.
- Do not let food leftovers dry on the product. Use dishwashing detergent if needed. Prefer ecological detergent.
- Wood is susceptible to water and moisture in general. Do not leave the product in water, kitchen sink or wet dishcloth after dishwashing.
- Oil the product with mineral or vegetable oil at least once a month. It will preserve its original shine and resistance to water. If there are scratches on the product, sand it before oil application.
- Knife stands are made of strong magnets that may harm electric devices, such as cell phones or cardiac pacemakers, if adjacent for longer periods of time. It may polarize small objects.
- Make sure knives are dry when using a knife stand.
We hope you will enjoy our product as much as we enjoy making them for you.
UBRD - cutting board - maintenance recommendations